Dental treatment these days can be very expensive to the average consumer.
Some patients are quite surprised when they find out the cost of restoring their mouth back to a state of comfort and health.
This “sticker shock” reaction by your dental patients can easily be avoided when your dental office operates with a sequence of carefully planned protocols and processes that are designed to help make the unaffordable affordable.
When we present the patient with their necessary dental treatment plan with a goal of making that treatment affordable, then:
- The patient will see the value in the treatment and care being recommended.
- The patient sees a way to pay for their treatment and care.
- The patient will want to go ahead with this necessary treatment and care.
You and your dental team must be able to talk comfortably about money and treatment with your patients so that they can go ahead with their necessary dental treatment.
When you avoid talking about money with your patients, or when your office DELAYS talking about costs and fees, your patients:
- will be shocked and upset when they eventually find out how much their treatment will be.
- say “NO” to treatment and care because of the shock.
- will become confused. They will wonder why you did not give them adequate advanced notice of your fees and charges.
- may often not see the value.
- may feel deceived and change dentists.
and ultimately, you may have helped your patient to not go ahead with the necessary treatment and care that they really do need.
Sadly, many dentists believe that their team are not capable of talking money and ways to pay with the patients.
These same dentists say:
“Even if my team knows what to say, they won’t get it right.”
“My practice is not set up well to talk to patients about money.”
“My patients do not want to talk about money and how they can pay for treatment.”
“I don’t do much high production treatment because my patients have no money.”
You Want an Easy Step By Step System of Communication:
- That is easy to follow
- That gets you results
- That results in more patients going ahead with treatment
When your team know how……you will see a BIG difference in patients saying “Yes” to Treatment and Care.
The Choices that your dental practice offers will give your patients a variety of payment methods to choose from.
- There is no one payment plan that fits all, so have choices.
- Many patients can still pay a significant piece of the payment, but may need to break up only a part of their payment.
- It is often much easier for your patients to digest a smaller dollar amount that they know they can manage and pay. How many patients don’t go ahead with treatment because they can’t get their head around the large total amount?
- Once your team and you are confident in the way you are talking about the ways your patients can pay, your patients will also become more confident in themselves with their ability to manage their payments.
- Ultimately you are trying to help make things quicker and easier for your patients to receive their necessary diagnosed treatments.
Talking about How to Pay…..
“Did you know that many of our patients are using …………to pay for their treatment?”
“Would you be interested in knowing more about…….?”
“I can show you some different options for payment. How does that sound?”
“The good news is, with all of these payment options you can choose the one that will suit you best.”
“Let’s work out which payment option will suit you best.”
When your dental practice helps your patients to be able to afford their necessary dental treatment, here is what happens:
- No becomes YES!
- Patients become more confident and become more ready to go ahead with their treatment.
- Patients know and understand that they have this type of payment as an ongoing backup and plan.
- Patients will tell their family and friends how easy and affordable it is to get their dental work done at your office.
- Your practice will never need to offer a discount again and undervalue the dentistry you provide!
Need your phones monitored?
Are you concerned about the number of calls that are not being answered as best they can be?
You need Call Tracking Excellence.
For the cost of a less than one cleaning per week, you could have your phones being answered much much better….
Convert more calls into appointments…Click the link: http://www.calltrackingexcellence.com
Call Jayne on 1300 378 044 or email Jayne@theDPE.com for more details.
The perfect Christmas Gift:
You can order your copy here: Click Link To Order
The Ultimate Patient Experience is a simple to build complete Customer Service system in itself that I developed that allowed me to create an extraordinary dental office in an ordinary Sydney suburb. If you’d like to know more, ask me about my free special report.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org