Continuing on from the theme I discussed last week that “Your Dental Practice Is Too Small” comes this thought:
Your dental practice is too small to let any call go to voice mail.
No dental practice anywhere should be letting incoming phone calls go to a voice message service, or go straight onto an on-hold service without first being answered by a real live human being.
Yet more and more I am hearing this happening at dental practices.
And it’s happening for one or more of the following reasons:
- The dental front office staff do not understand the value to the practice of a New Patient, and an incoming phone call.
- The dental front office staff are not trained or are not competent at managing more than one phone call at a time.
- The dental front office staff believe that they need to be 100% focussed on the live patient in front of them and that the incoming phone call is less important.
- The dental office staff believe that incoming phone calls are more of an annoyance to their tasks at hand, when in fact they are serious opportunities to be of service.
- There are not enough people employed to answer phones at the practice and so the voice message service is a “safety net” when the practice has more calls than it can deal with at any one moment in time.
- The practice, and the staff believe that if the call is important they will leave a message and phone back, otherwise they were probably a “shopper”.
Your caller to your practice whose call goes through to voice mail feels the following emotions:
- This practice doesn’t have enough staff.
- This dental practice doesn’t care about people who phone in.
- If they are a new patient calling your practice, they probably are thinking that your practice is now not for them.
- If they are an existing patient phoning your practice they are feeling taken for granted, or undervalued, or ignored.
The dental practice phone is the most important piece of equipment in your dental practice.
It needs to be mastered.
It needs to be respected.
The dental practice phone should NEVER be taken for granted.
Need your phones monitored?
Are you concerned about the number of calls that are not being answered as best they can be?
You need Call Tracking Excellence.
For the cost of a less than one cleaning per week, you could have your phones being answered much much better….
Convert more calls into appointments…Click the link: http://www.calltrackingexcellence.com
Call Jayne on 1300 378 044 or email Jayne@theDPE.com for more details.
The perfect Christmas Gift:
You can order your copy here: Click Link To Order
The Ultimate Patient Experience is a simple to build complete Customer Service system in itself that I developed that allowed me to create an extraordinary dental office in an ordinary Sydney suburb. If you’d like to know more, ask me about my free special report.
Email me at email@example.com